At Bare, sometimes we get people questioning whether or not we are legit because of our business model and that our prices are lower than industry standard. It’s a fair question - you want to be sure of where your money is going. So let us tell you why Bare is legit!
A bit about Bare.
Bare has been operating in Australia since 2019, and since has become one of the leading prepaid and direct cremation providers across the country. Our services are simple, affordable, flexible for your needs and provide you with the care you deserve during this difficult time.
Bare began with a single focus: to disrupt the Australian funeral industry and provide genuine choice for families who didn’t want a traditional funeral.
We aim to provide a simple and affordable alternative to traditional funeral homes, focusing solely on the cremation process and providing families with exceptional care for their loved ones. We’ve taken on the funeral industry giants who have operated in the same manner for decades, by instead utilising technology, transparency, and empathy above all.
Since our beginnings, we’ve helped more than ten thousand families during a difficult time in their lives, whether that’s an at need cremation or memorial, planning ahead with a prepaid funeral, or utilising our affiliate law firm Bare Law’s estate services.
How our online model works.
Without local offices across Australia, Bare saves money on real estate fees and passes those savings onto you, the customer. But how do we operate across Australia without physical offices?
Our online model allows us to help you 24/7, whether that’s over the phone, via email or even our live chat or social media. We partner with local service providers across the country, as well as having staff working remotely in most corners of Australia.
Our customers have found that even without the standard face-to face contact, they are still taken care of throughout every step of the process.
Is your prepaid funeral secure?
Some people question how we can guarantee your prepaid funeral, which is a fair question.
When you purchase a prepaid funeral with Bare, we place the funds into a regulated bond with Lifeplan Australia Friendly Society and Key Invest, who have been managing funeral bonds for more than 100 years.
The individual funeral bond is created in the customer’s name and this is administered and managed directly by Lifeplan Australia Friendly Society. Lifeplan is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority under the Life Insurance Act and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission under the Corporations Act.
So in the extremely unlikely event that Bare goes bust, your money is still secure. Another funeral company will be able to perform a similar service to ours with your funds.
Awards and Certifications.
Bare is an ISO certified funeral company in Australia. ISO certification in Australia is the process of having a company's management system audited and certified against the international standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The following is a list of awards and achievements since our inception in 2019:
- In 2021, Bare Cremation was awarded as Customer Service Organisation of the Year by CSIA. Each year, CSIA holds its prestigious awards event to recognise excellence in customer service.
- Bare was named as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Australia by the AFR in 2021 and was on the list for AFR’s Fast Starters in 2022. The Australian Financial Review is an Australian business-focused, compact daily newspaper covering the current business and economic affairs of Australia and the world.
- In 2021, despite being only in the industry for 2 years, Bare received recognition from several different institutions as an up and coming small business. Bare was recognised in Finder Innovative Awards, Australian Small Business Champion Awards, and Australian Achiever Awards in the same year.
- Roar Success celebrates a multitude of businesses across Australia, and awarded Bare last 2021 as Silver Winner of Business Rebel of the Year for its innovative and rebellious approach to funerals.
- Bare was ranked 11th in Deloitte Fast 50 Rising Star in 2022. Deloitte recognises the nation's Top 50 emerging, fast growing public and private tech companies in the last three years, based on revenue growth.
- Bare placed 3rd overall in Pause Awards Grand Prix 2022. We were recognised as an excellent early stage startup and as a tech breakthrough defining the future of our industry.
- Bare’s founders Sam and Cale won the Digital Disruptor category in the Melbourne Awards on Business News Australia Young Entrepreneur Awards 2022.
- Recently, Bare’s founders are also included in Business Australia's Top 100 Entrepreneur List for 2023.
- Bare has been featured and acknowledged as well in Reader's Digest (Australia), Financial Review, 2GB Sydney, and SmartCompany.
Our incredible reviews.
Bare has received positive reviews from customers, with many appreciating the company's affordable pricing, clear communication, and compassionate approach. These positive reviews and customer feedback are a testament to the quality of service that Bare provides across the country.
As of writing, Bare has received more than 1,200 reviews and 4.9 stars in Reviews.io. Some of the recent notable reviews about the commendable service are:
“Following my experience in dealing with bare cremation. I am convinced that should a similar situation arrive in the future, I would have no hesitation in engaging your services. I was very impressed by the straightforward, simple and cost-effectiveness of the dealings and the attention and support provided by the office and legal staff. My best wishes go to the company in the future.” - Michael
“From the start of this process I and the family felt the support of bare. Compassionate in the manner of support to the people that are grieving at this time. Well done . I highly recommend this service to all that are wanting respect, and honour shown to our loved ones” - Judith
“Even though my father's death was expected, it was still very emotional and a stressful event to work through. Bare made it easier by offering a variety of options and was always ready for my call when it came in. Everyone was on the same page and I never had to repeat anything. They helped me plan the most amazing memorial that I know Dad would have loved. So glad there is a company out there that simplifies the whole process and you're not pressured into buying expensive coffins etc and respect the wishes of the deceased and their family. I will use them again when the unfortunate time comes again” - Kelly
“I highly recommend BARE. I was recommended by a social worker from forensic medicine after an unexpected death in my family. They are kind, compassionate and respectful. Very affordable. They helped guide me through the processes following the death of a loved one with minimal stress (as I had no idea what needed to be organised and was unprepared for the loss). Their website is easy to navigate and provided me with a lot of the information I needed. Talking to them directly enabled a service that fit the needs of myself and family. They are wonderful and I can not praise them enough.” - Sheryl
“The service from Bare was exceptional. Not only were they sympathetic and understanding in a time of grief, but they managed the logistics of getting everything done seamlessly and without any bother or unnecessary stress. Also, while this may not be important, they were also the cheapest option. This type of service is not something anyone normally thinks about or explores, so when I had a need, I contacted about 4 businesses, and I found Bare to be the best. I would definitely use them again and would highly recommend them.” - Tony
If you’re interested in a Bare Prepaid Funeral, you can head to the link below for an instant quote for your area, or give our incredible Prepaid team a call on 1800 202 901.